Top ranked Energy Providers in Waco
Find Cheap Electric Rates in Waco
Waco is located in the central part of Texas, which is a deregulated area so residents are allowed to choose from a large number of energy providers. buy.energy has relationships with some of the state’s best energy providers, including Pulse Power, V247, APG&E, and Chariot Energy. Through these partner providers, we are able to offer wholesale pricing to our customers. Enrolling with a provider has never been easier, buy.energy allows you to see pricing from multiple providers at one time so you can browse the available rates, pick the best plan for your needs, and sign up in just minutes.
With the typical Texas heat and the recent, unprecedented winter storm, that Waco experienced it is more important than ever to make sure you have a fixed energy plan in place. If you are out of contract and subject to the fluctuations of market rates, you could end up with a monthly electric bill for thousands of dollars.
Even without the unpredictable weather, reports show that residential electricity use is on the rise as more and more people are working from home. Now is the perfect time to make sure you aren’t paying more than necessary on your energy bills.
Would you like to see what rates are available in Waco? Enter your zip code now, and start shopping for the best savings.
Signing up is easy. You can do it in minutes. Plus, there are no complicated forms, no extra fees, and no technicians need to come to your house to make any changes.
There are dozens of energy providers that service Waco residents. Fortunately, there’s no need to call around to each one to find what rates they will offer you. Even if you’re shopping online from the comfort of your own home, many of these providers’ websites are complicated and lack the information you’re looking for. buy.energy gives you everything you need in one place. Don’t spend extra time trying to track down information from dozens of websites.
Waco electricity rates
As of August 2020, the average price for residential electricity in Texas was 11.74 cents per kilowatt hour (¢/kWh). At buy.energy, you can find several fixed-rate plans as low as 6.7 ¢/kWh. We will help you sort through the options to find an electric rate that works for your home or business. Setup is easy – most homes don’t even need a visit from a technician.
Electric rates in Texas change throughout the year depending on the season, demand, and other factors. The U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA) tracks these changes on a monthly basis, shown in the chart below. The EIA’s most recent data is available through August 2020 and lists the average retail rate for electricity in Texas as 11.74 cents per kilowatt hour (¢/kWh).
Price competition brought about by deregulation means wholesale electricity rates can vary, and any increases in those costs find their way into the retail rates that you pay.
Average electric usage levels – you really need to know this before shopping.
Be aware, if you don’t know the average amount of energy your home or business uses on a monthly basis, then you may be paying more than you should on electric costs. The average monthly usage level gives the various providers a starting point in determining what rate they will offer you.
On most power company websites the prices for the highest usage levels are often highlighted since those tend to have the lowest rates. The catch is that the typical household does not consume nearly enough power to qualify for these rates. buy.energy displays all-inclusive pricing from different providers in a standard, easy-to-use platform.
With your specific usage level, you can shop and compare energy plans based on the rates you’ll actually see appear on your bill, inclusive of taxes fees. You won’t be misled by the “teaser rates” tied with higher usage levels that many homes never experience, as their usage level never reaches that pricing tier.
buy.energy is not married to any one provider. Our loyalty is to you, the consumer. We do away with all the misinformation, the hidden fees, and the rates subject to fine print. We provide you with everything you need to know to make the right decision for your energy needs.
Compare plans with the free buy.energy marketplace
buy.energy is a 24/7 online marketplace where energy customers can compare Texas electric plans and rates from top providers such as APG&E, Pulse Power, V247, Gexa, Frontier, Summer, Spark, New Power Texas, Pronto, and Chariot Energy at no cost. We have partnered with some of the state’s most trusted providers so you can be sure you’re getting reliable service. Let’s get started:
- Enter your ZIP code above. We’ll show you real-time, low electricity rates in the Waco area. Compare plans and pick on that’s right for you.
- You can sign up online or over the phone. Either way takes only minutes. Not sure what would be best for you? Just have some questions? Give one of our energy experts a call and they’ll be happy to help you.
- Enjoy the savings from your new energy plan. Your new provider will work with your utility company to start your service with no interruptions. It’s that easy!
With the buy.energy marketplace, you can find the electricity plan that meets your needs. We’ll show you today’s low rates from trusted energy providers in Waco. Simply enter your ZIP code to get started!
- Shop cheap electricity rates. We work with trusted retail electricity providers to make sure our customers receive a great product, a low rate, and quality service. Customize our online marketplace to show electricity rates and plans that fit your needs.
- Sign up easily. If you’re sure of your choice, sign up online now. If you’re not sure which plan to choose or if you’d like to go over a plan’s details, call to speak to one of our energy experts. Either way, the process is quick and easy.
- Start saving. Waco residents can switch to a new electricity plan in as little as 5 days from sign-up. Just sit back, relax and enjoy your retail energy choice.
A few things to remember
- Don’t forget to read your plan’s >Electricity Facts Label before signing up. It contains important information including:
- Price per kilowatt-hour based on usage
- The percentage of renewable energy sourcing
- Early termination fees
- Your Rights As a Customer (YRAC) – All providers are required to inform you of certain rights you have. These are guaranteed to you by law, so it’s always good to be aware of these rights.
- Terms of Service – Each plan has its own Terms of Service. These will contain all the details of what your plan costs, everything you will be expected to do, and everything the provider is obligated to do.
- Know how to read your electricity bill. Utility bills can have a variety of charges, and this can be confusing if you don’t know how to decipher them. Your local TDSP will still deliver your electricity and maintain electric infrastructure including meters and power lines. Your utility fees can be found as TDU or TDSP charges on your monthly bill. They are independent of your supplier rate.
How to find the best energy plan in Waco
#1 rule: Know Your Usage!
Knowing your energy usage each month makes shopping for electrical providers in Waco much easier.
By default, each company provides a quote for an exact monthly usage of 2,000 kWh. Depending on your energy usage, your bill may end up higher or lower than what was quoted from this baseline number.
By allowing comparison shopping at your individual usage level, buy.energy offers an alternative for shoppers. We use your past electrical usage figures to produce quotes from all our partner providers rather than relying on a single usage figure.
With buy.energy, you are in control because we show you every fee, charge, and disclaimer with your quote. Once you find the right company for your Waco home, we offer easy sign-up that only takes minutes. All you need to start is your monthly electrical usage.
If you don’t know your usage, estimate
Some customers are unable to determine a full year of historical usage. Maybe you just moved to Waco and don’t have a usage history. Or maybe you’re the owner of a new home which has never before had electric service. The next best thing is to estimate how much energy you use in an average month.
While not as ideal as having previous months of usage, estimating your average usage is better than choosing the first plan you see advertised by an electricity provider at a specific usage that isn’t what you’ll consume. Need help estimating your usage? Contact us now, and we can help!
Use buy.energy to find the best energy plan for your specific usage.