Top ranked Energy Providers in Abilene
Find Cheap Electric Rates in Abilene
Abilene is part of Texas’ deregulated energy market, and therefore all of the homes and businesses within Abilene get their choice of energy suppliers from a large number of retail service providers. buy.energy partners with several of the leading Texas energy suppliers, including APG&E, Pulse Power, V247, Gexa, Frontier, Summer, Spark, New Power Texas, Pronto, and Chariot Energy. Through these retail energy companies, we can negotiate energy plans that provide you with considerable savings. On the buy.energy website, you can search for a the best plan for your needs, at the lowest rate available. Sign up takes just minutes. Cutting your energy costs has never been easier or faster.
With a deadly winter storm in recent memory, not to mention the hot Texas summers, it is more important than ever for you to have the security of an energy agreement. If your contract has expired, you are likely paying rates that change from one months to the next. When electric demand skyrockets suddenly, you could find yourself with an energy bill for thousands of dollars.
With more and more people working from home, residential electricity use is on the rise across the country. The time has never been better to ensure you aren’t paying more than you have to for your energy service.
Would you like to see what rates are available in Abilene? Enter your zip code now, and you can start shopping right away.
Enrolling is so easy, you can do it in minutes. Plus, there are no complicated forms to fill out, no hidden fees, and no waiting for a technician to come to your home to install anything.
Throughout Texas, there are scores of energy providers that offer plans to Abilene residents. To call all of them, it would take a lot of your time to find what rates they will offer you. Even if you’re shopping on your computer, many of these suppliers’ websites are difficult to navigate and don’t even have all the information you’re probably seeking. buy.energy provides everything you need in one location. No longer do you have to spend excess time trying to track down rates from an endless series of websites.
Average electric usage levels – you really need to know this before shopping.
Be aware, if you don’t know the average amount of energy your home or business uses on a monthly basis, then you may be paying more than you should on electric costs. The average monthly usage level gives the various providers a starting point in determining what rate they will offer you.
On most power company websites the prices for the highest usage levels are often highlighted since those tend to have the lowest rates. The catch is that the typical household does not consume nearly enough power to qualify for these rates. buy.energy displays all-inclusive pricing from different providers in a standard, easy-to-use platform.
With your specific usage level, you can shop and compare energy plans based on the rates you’ll actually see appear on your bill, inclusive of taxes fees. You won’t be misled by the “teaser rates” tied with higher usage levels that many homes never experience, as their usage level never reaches that pricing tier.
buy.energy is not married to any one provider. Our loyalty is to you, the consumer. We do away with all the misinformation, the hidden fees, and the rates subject to fine print. We provide you with everything you need to know to make the right decision for your energy needs.
Moving to Abilene: setting up electricity
If you are moving to Abilene or if this is your first time setting up electricity service in Abilene, you need to get the previous 12-months of energy usage for your new home to get the best rate. Ask the previous homeowner for usage information from the past year. This information is easily found in utility billing statements. This process may take time, but you’ll be happy with the long-term savings.
Sign-up for a plan instantly through buy.energy. We will help you keep track of your renewals and will send you a reminder to return when your plan’s term comes to an end. There’s no hassle, and nothing to monitor.
Ready to get started? Enter your zip code below, and we'll guide you to the best energy plan for your new home. It’s time to save on your bills…
The average buy.energy customer saves more than 25% on electricity costs. Shipping for the best energy plan should be free, fast, and simple – and with buy.energy, it finally is.
Switching electricity companies in Abilene
Because of the constant changes in market conditions, it is necessary to shop for a lower price every time your contract is set to expire—often ever year.
Your current electricity company will typically raise your electricity rate once your contract expires, so it’s not uncommon for them to neglect to inform you when this is about to happen. Many customers only find out that they are out of contract when they receive a bill that is substantially bigger than expected.
Before renewing your contract, check the rates of competing electricity providers. Switching can save you hundreds or thousands of dollars each year on your energy bill.
Switching is easy:
- There’s no need to contact your current company—the switch will be automatic
- No one from the company comes to your home
- There will never be a disruption in service during the change
- The process is fast and easy
When you make the switch, your new provider will cancel service with your previous provider. As long as you are not breaking an existing agreement, there won’t be any charge to you.
There is no loss of power when you switch. Electricity in Abilene is all delivered by the AEP Transmission and Distribution Utility. You won’t notice any difference because it will be the exact same electricity coming in through the wires and poles. These stay the same no matter which electricity provider you use.
You can choose any cancellation date within 14 days of your contract expiration without an “early termination penalty,” according to state law.
If you’re still under contract, check how many months remain. You can set a future start date with most companies up to 60 days in advance.
Even with months left on your contract, savings on your monthly bill achieved from a switch may outweigh the fee to break your existing contract. However, this will have to be your decision as you weigh the costs. buy.energy will not make the recommendation for you to switch if you are currently in a contract.
If you are uncertain, email us your latest energy bill and one of our team members will respond promptly to help you weigh your options.
You will want to gather the last year’s usage data to determine the best plan with the lowest rate for your household. This is the best way to find your best plan through buy.energy.
Ready to find the best plan for your household's usage? Enter your zip code to get started:
Compare plans with the free buy.energy marketplace
buy.energy is a 24/7 online marketplace where energy customers can compare Texas electric plans and rates from top providers such as APG&E, Pulse Power, V247, Gexa, Frontier, Summer, Spark, New Power Texas, Pronto, and Chariot Energy at no cost. We have partnered with some of the state’s most trusted providers so you can be sure you’re getting reliable service. Let’s get started:
- Enter your ZIP code above. We’ll show you real-time, low electricity rates in the Abilene area. Compare plans and pick on that’s right for you.
- You can sign up online or over the phone. Either way takes only minutes. Not sure what would be best for you? Just have some questions? Give one of our energy experts a call and they’ll be happy to help you.
- Enjoy the savings from your new energy plan. Your new provider will work with your utility company to start your service with no interruptions. It’s that easy!
With the buy.energy marketplace, you can find the electricity plan that meets your needs. We’ll show you today’s low rates from trusted energy providers in Abilene. Simply enter your ZIP code to get started!
- Shop cheap electricity rates. We work with trusted retail electricity providers to make sure our customers receive a great product, a low rate, and quality service. Customize our online marketplace to show electricity rates and plans that fit your needs.
- Sign up easily. If you’re sure of your choice, sign up online now. If you’re not sure which plan to choose or if you’d like to go over a plan’s details, call to speak to one of our energy experts. Either way, the process is quick and easy.
- Start saving. Abilene residents can switch to a new electricity plan in as little as 5 days from sign-up. Just sit back, relax and enjoy your retail energy choice.
A few things to remember
- Don’t forget to read your plan’s >Electricity Facts Label before signing up. It contains important information including:
- Price per kilowatt-hour based on usage
- The percentage of renewable energy sourcing
- Early termination fees
- Your Rights As a Customer (YRAC) – All providers are required to inform you of certain rights you have. These are guaranteed to you by law, so it’s always good to be aware of these rights.
- Terms of Service – Each plan has its own Terms of Service. These will contain all the details of what your plan costs, everything you will be expected to do, and everything the provider is obligated to do.
- Know how to read your electricity bill. Utility bills can have a variety of charges, and this can be confusing if you don’t know how to decipher them. Your local TDSP will still deliver your electricity and maintain electric infrastructure including meters and power lines. Your utility fees can be found as TDU or TDSP charges on your monthly bill. They are independent of your supplier rate.