Top ranked Energy Providers in Corpus Christi
Find Cheap Electric Rates in Corpus Christi
Because Corpus Christi sits within Texas’ deregulated energy market, the city's residents and businesses can take advantage of a large number of energy service providers from which to choose. buy.energy partnerss with many of Texas’ premiere energy suppliers, including APG&E, Pulse Power, V247, Gexa, Frontier, Summer, Spark, New Power Texas, Pronto, and Chariot Energy. Through these partner providers, we have the ability to find significant cost reductions for our customers' energy plans. On the buy.energy website, you can shop for the lowest rates, pick the plan that best fits your individual needs, and enroll in just minutes. It’s never been easier to reduce your energy expenses.
The hot Texas summers have been pushing the energy grid to its limit. Likewise, the recent, deadly winter storm created an unprecedented demand on the system. With these fluctuations, it is more important than ever for you to have the best energy plan in place to lock in a guaranteed rate. If you currently out of contract, your provider will be charging according to the market rates, which change at least daily. If this is the case, you could wind up with bill for thousands of dollars for your electric service.
Across the country, residential electricity use is increasing due, in large part, to there being more and more people working from home. The time has never been better to ensure you aren’t paying more than you have to for your energy service.
Would you like to see what rates are available in Corpus Christi? Enter your zip code now, and you can start shopping right away.
Enrolling is so easy, you can do it in minutes. Plus, there are no complicated forms to fill out, no hidden fees, and no waiting for a technician to come to your home to install anything.
Throughout Texas, there are scores of energy providers that offer plans to Corpus Christi residents. To call all of them, it would take a lot of your time to find what rates they will offer you. Even if you’re shopping on your computer, many of these suppliers’ websites are difficult to navigate and don’t even have all the information you’re probably seeking. buy.energy provides everything you need in one location. No longer do you have to spend excess time trying to track down rates from an endless series of websites.
Moving to Corpus Christi: setting up electricity
If you are moving to Corpus Christi or if this is your first time setting up electricity service in Corpus Christi, you need to get the previous 12-months of energy usage for your new home to get the best rate. Ask the previous homeowner for usage information from the past year. This information is easily found in utility billing statements. This process may take time, but you’ll be happy with the long-term savings.
Sign-up for a plan instantly through buy.energy. We will help you keep track of your renewals and will send you a reminder to return when your plan’s term comes to an end. There’s no hassle, and nothing to monitor.
Ready to get started? Enter your zip code below, and we'll guide you to the best energy plan for your new home. It’s time to save on your bills…
The average buy.energy customer saves more than 25% on electricity costs. Shipping for the best energy plan should be free, fast, and simple – and with buy.energy, it finally is.
Switching electricity companies in Corpus Christi
Because of the constant changes in market conditions, it is necessary to shop for a lower price every time your contract is set to expire—often ever year.
Your current electricity company will typically raise your electricity rate once your contract expires, so it’s not uncommon for them to neglect to inform you when this is about to happen. Many customers only find out that they are out of contract when they receive a bill that is substantially bigger than expected.
Before renewing your contract, check the rates of competing electricity providers. Switching can save you hundreds or thousands of dollars each year on your energy bill.
Switching is easy:
- There’s no need to contact your current company—the switch will be automatic
- No one from the company comes to your home
- There will never be a disruption in service during the change
- The process is fast and easy
When you make the switch, your new provider will cancel service with your previous provider. As long as you are not breaking an existing agreement, there won’t be any charge to you.
There is no loss of power when you switch. Electricity in Corpus Christi is all delivered by the AEP Transmission and Distribution Utility. You won’t notice any difference because it will be the exact same electricity coming in through the wires and poles. These stay the same no matter which electricity provider you use.
You can choose any cancellation date within 14 days of your contract expiration without an “early termination penalty,” according to state law.
If you’re still under contract, check how many months remain. You can set a future start date with most companies up to 60 days in advance.
Even with months left on your contract, savings on your monthly bill achieved from a switch may outweigh the fee to break your existing contract. However, this will have to be your decision as you weigh the costs. buy.energy will not make the recommendation for you to switch if you are currently in a contract.
If you are uncertain, email us your latest energy bill and one of our team members will respond promptly to help you weigh your options.
You will want to gather the last year’s usage data to determine the best plan with the lowest rate for your household. This is the best way to find your best plan through buy.energy.
Ready to find the best plan for your household's usage? Enter your zip code to get started:
Electricity price trends in Corpus Christi
Deregulation of the electricity market in Texas began in 2002 and eliminated the potential for energy monopolies in most parts of the state. Through this policy change, competition was introduced into the energy market.
Thanks to this deregulated market, you have the freedom to choose your preferred electricity provider. This power to choose grants you greater control over energy costs.
The deregulated market also means retail providers are competing for your business. Each provider offers low rates to Corpus Christi residents, making now a good time to shop and save money on your energy bill.
With dozens of electricity providers offering service in Corpus Christi, it is important to have a tool to sort through all of the plans available to you.
Corpus Christi utility companies & electricity providers
With deregulation, retail electric providers (REPs) provide your electricity supply, but the area’s utility company still manages the infrastructure.
Corpus Christi energy consumers have an assortment of REPs from which they can choose. With the buy.energy 24/7 marketplace you can compare a variety of plans. We feature energy plans from several REPs with the lowest rates. Best of all, there is no additional cost to you. buy.energy won’t ever charge you from our services. You only pay your bill—with the rate indicated on our site. It is the provider who pays us. You will never see any additional fees for using our site! No matter what your energy needs, buy.energy has a plan for you.
Within the deregulated market, energy providers and utilities perform different functions. Utilities used to be in charge of the whole process, from transmission to distribution to billing and retail. Now, the utility service only transmits and distributes the energy through its lines and poles. The providers, in turn, generate or buy Corpus Christi’s energy and sell it.
You have a number of suppliers to choose from when looking for Corpus Christi electricity rates. Some of the most popular providers in the Corpus Christi area include APG&E, Pulse Power, V247, Gexa, Frontier, Summer, Spark, New Power Texas, Pronto, and Chariot Energy. No longer do you have to spend time searching “best electric company near me.” Everything you need is right here.
It’s important to know exactly what utility companies and energy providers do in Corpus Christi do for residents. Before deregulation, the utility company generated, transmitted, distributed and sold the energy. Now, it transmits and distributes the energy. Energy providers in Corpus Christi generate or buy power and handle sales and payments.
This means that your utility company still delivers your energy and maintains power lines. That’s who you call if you have a power outage. Most Corpus Christi residents live in the AEP Electric Delivery service area. AEP serves more than 7.5 million customers and is America’s sixth largest electric distributor.
Enter your ZIP code to look for cheap electric rates in Corpus Christi with these and other REPs
Compare plans with the free buy.energy marketplace
buy.energy is a 24/7 online marketplace where energy customers can compare Texas electric plans and rates from top providers such as APG&E, Pulse Power, V247, Gexa, Frontier, Summer, Spark, New Power Texas, Pronto, and Chariot Energy at no cost. We have partnered with some of the state’s most trusted providers so you can be sure you’re getting reliable service. Let’s get started:
- Enter your ZIP code above. We’ll show you real-time, low electricity rates in the Corpus Christi area. Compare plans and pick on that’s right for you.
- You can sign up online or over the phone. Either way takes only minutes. Not sure what would be best for you? Just have some questions? Give one of our energy experts a call and they’ll be happy to help you.
- Enjoy the savings from your new energy plan. Your new provider will work with your utility company to start your service with no interruptions. It’s that easy!
With the buy.energy marketplace, you can find the electricity plan that meets your needs. We’ll show you today’s low rates from trusted energy providers in Corpus Christi. Simply enter your ZIP code to get started!
- Shop cheap electricity rates. We work with trusted retail electricity providers to make sure our customers receive a great product, a low rate, and quality service. Customize our online marketplace to show electricity rates and plans that fit your needs.
- Sign up easily. If you’re sure of your choice, sign up online now. If you’re not sure which plan to choose or if you’d like to go over a plan’s details, call to speak to one of our energy experts. Either way, the process is quick and easy.
- Start saving. Corpus Christi residents can switch to a new electricity plan in as little as 5 days from sign-up. Just sit back, relax and enjoy your retail energy choice.
A few things to remember
- Don’t forget to read your plan’s >Electricity Facts Label before signing up. It contains important information including:
- Price per kilowatt-hour based on usage
- The percentage of renewable energy sourcing
- Early termination fees
- Your Rights As a Customer (YRAC) – All providers are required to inform you of certain rights you have. These are guaranteed to you by law, so it’s always good to be aware of these rights.
- Terms of Service – Each plan has its own Terms of Service. These will contain all the details of what your plan costs, everything you will be expected to do, and everything the provider is obligated to do.
- Know how to read your electricity bill. Utility bills can have a variety of charges, and this can be confusing if you don’t know how to decipher them. Your local TDSP will still deliver your electricity and maintain electric infrastructure including meters and power lines. Your utility fees can be found as TDU or TDSP charges on your monthly bill. They are independent of your supplier rate.